KEEP UP TO DATE ON THE LATEST IN DIGITAL MARKETING
We’ve been playing with LinkedIn quite a bit at Konstruct HQ as of late.
The K-Team has been publishing some awesome content to engage our audiences, we’ve been running ads with an impressive ROI, and we’re using a tool called LemPod to 10x our post views. We’re practicing what we preach and testing new strategies to grow our LinkedIn presence.
The results? More eyes on our work, our brand, we’re making ourselves known in the industry and making connections with the right people within different organizations to meet our goals.
Many don’t realize it, but LinkedIn is an absolute goldmine for B2B marketing campaigns. Unlike other social paid advertising platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn Ads let you target people that work for specific companies, well-defined job titles, and many other powerful, specific audiences.
To give you a better perspective of what LinkedIn is capable of as a platform, we’ve created a handy (and recent) LinkedIn marketing stats roundup to show you how awesome it really is! These stats prove LinkedIn can be an awesome way to promote your brand and the potential to generate leads with LinkedIn will blow your mind.
LinkedIn Demographics 2021
LinkedIn has grown at an incredible rate since its inception and is now the “world’s largest professional network”
Although it hasn’t hit the billion-user mark like other social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, the business-focused nature of the network makes it a valuable place for professionals to make meaningful connections and to grow their professional network.
Here are some LinkedIn user stats to give you an idea of what LinkedIn’s user base is like:
- Linkedin has 756 million members in 200 countries across the world (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn has 303 million monthly active users. (99 Firms)
- There are two new LinkedIn members every second (Omnicore)
- LinkedIn SlideShare has 70 million monthly active users (Foundation)
- 90 million senior level-influencers use LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- Over 63 million business decision-makers use LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- 92% of companies listed on the Fortune 500 use LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- 50% of US adults with a college degree use LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- 69% of LinkedIn users have above-average incomes. (99 Firms)
- 44% of LinkedIn users are Women. (99 Firms)
- 38% of LinkedIn users are 25-34 years old. (99 Firms)
- There are 87 million Millennials on LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- One-third of the world’s millionaires are on LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- 70% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the USA. (99 Firms)
LinkedIn Usage Statistics
Before the platform was revamped, LinkedIn used to be a platform where people would log in, accept their connection requests, endorse a few people, scroll through the news feed quickly, and log out. Company pages were dead, and posts were few and far between.
Now, thanks to LinkedIn getting a big revamp, engagement has skyrocketed, people are actually putting a ton of effort into what they publish on the platform, and it has become an absolute gold mine for B2B marketers. It’s more than a social network; it’s a way to create strategic, meaningful connections in your industry and a way to flex your muscles and show what you really know.
Industry influencers and thought leaders publish exciting and inspiring content almost every day to show off their expertise. Take a look at these stats to see how the majority of users are using LinkedIn.
- Over 40% of LinkedIn’s active users, use the site daily. (99 Firms)
- Roughly 3 million LinkedIn users share content weekly. (Kinsta)
- LinkedIn SlideShare has over 13 million pieces of content (Foundation)
- It’s estimated that 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to share promotional content. (99 Firms)
- The average LinkedIn user spends 14 minutes a month on the site. (Hubspot)
- 39% of LinkedIn members have a premium subscription. (99 Firms)
- More than half of all LinkedIn traffic comes from mobile devices. (99 Firms)
- 76% of LinkedIn users have rated the “Who Viewed Your Profile” feature as the top feature. (99 Firms)
- Roughly 45% of LinkedIn article readers are upper-level management (C-level, VP, directors, managers, etc). (Foundation)
- 27% of LinkedIn users have between 500 and 1000 connections. (99 Firms)
- Only 2% of LinkedIn members have not joined any groups. (99 Firms)
- 91% of marketing executives say that LinkedIn is the place to find high-quality content. (99 Firms)
- 36% of LinkedIn users rely on their news feed to get current industry, economic, and business news. (99 Firms)
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn. (Foundation)
- 78% of B2B marketers say that LinkedIn is the best platform for content marketing. (99 Firms)
- There are 9 billion impressions on content in LinkedIn’s newsfeed every week (Foundation)
- Only 1 million users have used LinkedIn’s publisher feature (Foundation)
- “How To” and List posts perform the best on LinkedIn (Foundation)
LinkedIn Hiring Stats
Looking to land yourself a new job? You’re in luck if you’ve built a strong profile on LinkedIn.
More and more recruiters are beginning to use LinkedIn as their main platform to find new talent. LinkedIn is more than just a social network in today’s society, it’s your online resume that is available to be viewed by recruiters, influencers, and decision-makers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The fact that your profile clearly lists your experiences, endorsements (references), connections, and even a portfolio of your work, means that recruiters can take an in-depth look at what you’re capable of before even sitting down to interview you.
LinkedIn is the ultimate cover letter and a living record of who and what you know. The hiring stats around LinkedIn prove this well!
- 77% of recruiters use LinkedIn. (99 firms)
- Job seekers spend about 30 minutes a day on LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- There are over 20 million open positions on LinkedIn. (99 Firms)
- 75% of people that recently changed jobs used LinkedIn to inform their career decision. (LinkedIn)
- New employees sourced using LinkedIn are 40% less likely to leave the company in the first 6 months. (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn influenced hires are 2x more likely to be high demand and above-average hires. (LinkedIn)
LinkedIn Advertising Stats
Interesting content and the ability to find quality candidates for an open position are great and all, but what B2B businesses really want to know is, how can LinkedIn benefit their bottom line and generate leads? The answer is with their advertising platform.
Although LinkedIn’s advertising platform was once a dated, clunky mess, it has made leaps and bounds to catch up and be as effective as the other social advertising platforms out there.
From instant forms for lead generation to boolean targeting, the ability to target companies, and a host of other valuable features, LinkedIn has quickly become the best way to generate leads, and brand awareness for businesses in the B2B world and the LinkedIn advertising statistics below can back up that claim.
- LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of the leads that B2B businesses generate with social media. (99 Firms)
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective at generating leads thank Facebook and Twitter (Hubspot)
- 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a part of their digital marketing strategy. (99 Firms)
- 46% of social traffic to B2B websites comes from LinkedIn. (Hubspot)
- LinkedIn’s visitor to lead conversion rate is 2.74%. (99 Firms)
- LinkedIn has been able to generate leads for 62% of B2B firms. (99 Firms)
- LinkedIn generates 80% of social leads for B2B companies. (99 Firms)
- 26% of social marketers used LinkedIn ads in 2018. (99 Firms)
- 58% of B2B marketers believe that LinkedIn ads deliver the best value compared to other social networks. (LinkedIn)
- 42% of B2B marketers are planning to increase their LinkedIn ad spend for 2020. (99 Firms)
- InMail Stats show that SaaS companies see an 11x better response rate with InMail compared to email marketing. (Foundation)
- 90% of B2B marketers reduced their cost per lead with LinkedIn lead generation forms. (Foundation)
- LinkedIn generates 3x more conversions than Facebook or Twitter. (Foundation)
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn. (Foundation)
LinkedIn B2B Stats
There’s no doubt that LinkedIn marketing is a great opportunity for B2B companies. LinkedIn has become a critical part of B2B digital marketing strategies, and the stats prove it! Basically, if you’re a B2B company and you’re not on LinkedIn, you’re definitely losing out to your competitors who are.
- ⅘ LinkedIn users drive business decisions at their companies (LinkedIn)
- 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic social media marketing (Content Marketing Institute)
- LinkedIn is the most used social network for B2B marketers (Hootsuite)
- There are more than 10,000 B2B software product pages on LinkedIn (LinkedIn)
- 55 million companies are on LinkedIn (LinkedIn)
- 33% of B2B decision makers use LinkedIn to make purchase decisions (Hootsuite)
- 61 million “senior-level influencers” have profiles on LinkedIn (LinkedIn)
That’s a Wrap!
That’s all we have for now! We’ve searched and scavenged the internet to create this comprehensive LinkedIn stats roundup. The stats that are presented above are some of the most relevant statistics for businesses looking to educate themselves about LinkedIn.
We strongly believe that LinkedIn is the best way to generate brand awareness and leads for B2B businesses right now. Seeing as LinkedIn is making continual improvements to its advertising platform, the possibilities for targeting are almost endless in the B2B world.
If you’re interested in starting a LinkedIn advertising campaign in the near future, Konstruct Digital is here to help!